Cybersecurity Focus: Remote ICS Applications
Todd Ellis is Hatch’s global lead for rail systems communications, IT, and cybersecurity.
Todd will be discussing the following OT Power Systems topics at the 10th Annual Control Systems Cybersecurity Conference in Nashville, TN on the 19th and 20th September:
- Many similar ICS implementations can be found in different remote applications
- Examples include SCADA sensors and wireless IIoT devices
- Typical SCADA – electric substations, building management systems
- Typical IIoT – smart electric metering, industrial Wi-Fi for electronic maintenance
- SCADA relies on remote sensors that can be targeted, so security focus is needed
- Wireless IIoT devices can be targeted to convey malware, etc.